Mindfulness Meditation Toronto's 8-week core program will provide you with all the tools you need to learn how to meditate and enjoy the benefits of a regular practice at home and at work.
The 8-week core program includes:
- A brief introductory interview with either Dr. Lhotsky or Dr. Turner. This provides an opportunity to answer your questions about the program and discuss any specific concerns you may have
- Guided instruction in a series of mindfulness meditation practices
- An introduction to gentle, mindful yoga, to relax the body and focus the mind
- Group discussion on how to develop your practice and make it your own
- Practical exercises to bring mindfulness into everyday life
- A survey of the latest research on the benefits of mindfulness meditation for various physical and emotional conditions
- Weekly home assignments, including a practice CD and workbook
- Consultation when you have questions or are experiencing challenges with your practice.
- Completion of this course entitles participants to enrol in our reunion classes and graduate retreats
Classes are held Tuesday evenings from 7:15 to 9:15 pm, for 8 consecutive weeks three times a year: fall (September - please note in fall 2019 classes will begin on October 15), winter (January) and spring (April).
The course fee is $525 for the class with psychologist, Dr. Judy Turner.
Please note: Many third party insurance providers pay all or a portion of the fee for Dr. Turner's class, under psychological and/or psychotherapy services.
To see the dates for the next program, click on upcoming programs.
For frequently asked questions about the program, click here.
To learn about the program leaders, read about who we are.
To register, click here.
For further inquiries, contact us.